Kyle Larson, No 42 Target Chevrolet – “I was teared-up the last few laps because I could just feel it. I was finally going to get that first win! This one is for the Clauson Family. We really miss Bryan. We had a lot of work to do for that first third of the race, and got it done. I just need to say Thanks to Target and everyone on this team. Chad (Johnston, crew chief) and the pit crew and everybody. We messed up that last stop but we made it back. Just so excited for everyone to get this first win today.”
- Larson scored his first career NSCS victory in his 99th series start and clinched his spot in the 2016 Chase for the Nascar Sprint Cup.
- Larson led two times for 41 laps.
- Larson is the first graduate of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity and NASCAR Next programs to win a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
- This was the first NSCS win for Chip Ganassi Racing since Oct 20, 2013 at Talladega Superspeedway (Jamie McMurray).
- With today’s win, Chip Ganassi has won in all six series in which he competes this season (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series, Verizon Indy Car Series, IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, and Red Bull Global RallyCross).